I’ve been really into Bok Choy lately. It’s leafy, it’s green, it’s super healthy, and SO easy to prepare. I also like how there are two parts to it: the stalky, hearty part of it and then the leafy part of it. So much bang for your buck.
Although I pride myself on never really making the same thing twice, I’ve made this same stir fry, or a slight variation of it, several times over the last couple of weeks.
I am a veggie-lover and like huge bowls of vegetables for lunch/dinner sometimes, but if you like more of a protein heavy meal, this would be great with chicken, steak, or beans.
This is what I started with:
I chopped it all up, and threw it in a pan with some olive oil:
Let it all cook down for about 5 minutes over high heat, and added some breadcrumbs for crunch:
To season, I added Salt, Pepper, and Red Pepper Flakes. Sometimes I also add about half a tablespoon of butter. Because it’s just so good and picks up the flavor.
Health in a bowl, baby.
Are you into Bok Choy? Have you had it? Like it?
Bok Choy Stir Fry with Potatoes, Apples, and Mushrooms
- 3 or 4 large Bok Choy Leaves
- 3 or 4 small red potatoes
- 6 or 7 white mushrooms
- 1/2 apple
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 or 2 T olive oil
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes
1. Chop all vegetables and add to an oiled sauté pan.
2. Stir frequently over high heat for about 5 minutes. Add bread crumbs. Stir for another minute or two.
3. Enjoy a huge bowl of healthy vegetables.