I’ve gotten an overwhelming response to the 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge and way more people have signed up already than I had anticipated. Because I want to be sure that I can give my full attention to the people involved, I’ve decided to cap the enrollment at 35 people. Currently, we are at 33 people so please sign up now if you’d like to snag one of the remaining two spots. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org… thanks! And thank you to everyone who has already signed up… I can’t wait for Feb 1st to roll around. It’s going to be a good time 🙂 [Edited to Add: these spots have now been filled… email me if you’d like to get on the list for next time (potentially March)!]
Today I have for you a simple, and I mean seriously simple, soup recipe for these frigid days. This takes 30 minutes, one pot and you can easily substitue ingredients. And it could not be any healthier.
It’s for one of those nights after a weekend of eating delicious meals out at restaurants, popping open multiple bottles of wine, and enjoying stacks of pancakes at long brunches. It’s for when you just want a night in, to eat something cleansing and purely good for you, and chill the heck out.
All you have to do is grab a large pot, fill it with mostly water and a couple of cups of chicken broth or vegetable broth, then add in a full head of cauliflower broken into pieces (even use the greens!), a few chopped carrots, a diced sweet potato, a block of chopped tofu, and some spices. Bring it all to a boil, then let it simmer for about 25 minutes. I made brown rice on the side (but you can just make it in the soup itself if you want), and added loads of it into the soup. I like it hearty!
This soup warms the soul. Mmm Hmmm 🙂
Tofu- Veggie- Brown Rice Soup
(makes about 6 servings)
- 1 head cauliflower (I even used the cauliflower greens!)
- 3 large carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 block of soft tofu
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- brown rice (if making it in the soup itself, I’d use about 1 cup of dry brown rice)
- Play around with spices but I used about 2 t mild curry, 1 t salt, 1 t pepper, 1 t crushed red pepper, 1 t turmeric
1. Add the water and broth to a large pot. Crank up the heat.
2. Dice up the cauliflower, carrots, sweet potato and block of tofu.
3. Add veggies and tofu to the pot.
4. Add spices, bring everything to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir occasionally.
5. Simmer for about 25 minutes or until veggies are soft.
6. Add brown rice to your liking, depending on how hearty you want it. (if you want to make the brown rice in the soup, just add the dry brown rice at the beginning at the same time you add everything else).
This is so easy to change up depending on what ingredients you have. Just add whatever veggies you want, some chicken (a rotisserie chicken maybe? easy to pick up at the grocery store), beans, quinoa, etc. Go crazaay!