I am really excited for this post. I’ve done a lot of thinking and have come up with all the details for the 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge that I’m hosting starting Feb 1. I’ve casually posted about this a couple of other times, but here are all of the details.
The 21 Day Intuitive Eating Challenge
What it is:
For 21 days, starting Feb 1, I am going to be focusing on fine tuning my own Intuitive Eating skills and invite anyone who would like to join me to do so as well. (Here are two posts I wrote last week about Intuitive Eating: Intro to Intuitive Eating and the 10 Principles of Intuitive Eating.)
We will be focusing on the 10 Principles and in a nutshell, we will be freeing ourselves from the Diet Mentality, eating what we actually want and crave throughout the day, paying attention to our hunger- eating when we are hungry and stopping when we are full- and trying to make every single meal as satisfying, enjoyable and delicious as possible. We are going to let our bodies guide as, trusting that they know what we need.
What Joining the Challenge Means:
It’s totally free, and is all done through email. I won’t really be posting on the blog about it; instead, it will be lead through emails that I’ll send out each day for 21 days. You can remain completely anonymous throughout the challenge, meaning that nobody besides me needs to know that you’re in it.
What To Expect:
- A detailed email right before the challenge starts giving you more in-depth information about Intuitive Eating, my own experience with it, and how to get the most out of the 21 days.
- Emails from me in your inbox bright and early each morning with either a tip about incorporating IE into your life, an experiment for you to try that day/week, a story from my own journey or an experience one of my clients has had with it, a practical tactic for keeping up with the principles, a strategy, or some other nugget of good information.
- Complete email support with me for those 21 days. I will get back to you within 24 hours. You can email me with daily wins and successes, questions, confusion, any “ah-ha” moments, or any struggles.
- There will be opportunities to interact with the other people involved- sharing experiences, asking questions, and offering/receiving support. Again, you don’t need to be a part of this part if you want to remain private.
- We’ll have a hashtag (I’m thinking #IEChallenge) to post pictures, successes, things we are proud of, thoughts, or really anything to the same place. Sometimes it’s easier to feel motivated when involving others and social media outlets.
- Depending on how things go, I may host a call halfway through to discuss our experiences and answer any questions that I can.
What I Hope You Get Out of the Challenge:
I’m working with one of my clients on incorporating Intuitive Eating into her life. She called me today for our scheduled session and she said “Jamie, I am just so HAPPY. I am eating what I want, going out to dinner and ordering exactly what I want. And I feel more satisfied than I’ve felt in years. I am just so happy, and notice such a difference in my mood and spirit. I am just really really happy!” She couldn’t stop saying how “happy” she was. It was so cute and put such a big, goofy smile on my face.
This is what I hope for you. I hope that by doing this challenge you open yourself up to the possibility of ditching diets, nutrition “rules” that get thrown at us everyday, and learn to just trust yourself and your body. I hope that you drop into your intuition and out of your head. Into your body and out of you mind. I hope that you give yourself permission to eat foods that you thought you “shouldn’t” eat. I hope that you start to observe and understand and know your body better- what it likes, what it doesn’t, what makes it feel good, what doesn’t. I hope that during these 21 days you start to trust yourself again.
And if you’ve been practicing IE for awhile, and already feel that you are a pretty good Intuitive Eater, I hope that you use this challenge as a time to really focus on your hunger, cravings, and do some fine-tuning. That’s what I’ll be doing and can’t wait to have you on board as well.
How You Can Get Signed Up:
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “IE Challenge” as the subject and I’ll add you to the list. Or, you can just leave a comment on this post and I’ll add you.
I’m seriously psyched about this challenge and can’t wait to have you be a part of it. Woohoo!