I hope you all had a great weekend. I’m excited to share a few great recipes with you this week. Yesterday, my creative juices were flowing and I was able to finally get in the kitchen and cook!
Last night, we had a potluck dinner for my friend, Ken’s, 26th birthday. 11 of us gathered at my apartment and we each contributed a dish. Brussels Sprouts, Sweet Potato Fries, Homemade Mac & Cheese, Walnut/Goat Cheese Salad, Bakery cookies and plenty of appetizers filled my little studio apartment.
My contribution was the Mediterranean chicken. I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to do, googled several recipes and formulated my idea.
This recipe is so simple and is virtually a one pan meal for a large group or family. I pan seared each piece of chicken first in a skillet for literally 1 minute so that they were crispy, but I don’t think that was even necessary. Some of the recipes I read said to do that first, but I don’t totally understand the point of it.
I then placed all of the chicken breasts in a large pan, topped it with a can of Italian-flavored plum tomatoes, two cans of quartered artichoke hearts, and a can of black olives which I chopped in half. Finally, a sprinkle of feta on top.
Popped into a 350 oven for 30 minutes and voila:
I will absolutely be making this again. The chicken came out so tender because it was baked slowly in a liquid, and the flavors all came together perfectly. Not to mention that this is extremely healthy. Chicken, veggies, and a little cheese. And that’s it!
Happy Birthday again to my friend Ken… hopefully this next year is a good as the last 🙂
Mediterranean Chicken with Tomatoes, Artichokes and Olives
- 1 chicken breast per person you want to feed. What you see above is 11 thin sliced chicken breasts
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 large can of Italian style tomatoes. I used plum, but any kind will work. Keep the juices.
- 1 can black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 T olive oil
- dash of oregano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread olive oil on bottom of pan, and lay chicken on top of it. Season chicken with S&P and oregano
3. On top of chicken, add the artichokes, tomatoes, and olives. Top with feta.
4. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.