Oh how I love these photos! Going off of my post this weekend about simplicity, this is yet another very simple weeknight meal.
I had some leftover quinoa chillin’ in my fridge and because I love things sweet, I decided to add raisins to it in order to add some flavor. Top that with sauteed spinach for some green health and a fried egg and you have yourself a meal within minutes.
Some of you may be wondering about this thing called quinoa. Let me tell you a little bit about it:
– It’s pronounced keen-wa.
– It is a grain just like rice, so it counts as a whole grain carbohydrate, completely unprocessed.
– It packs in about 9 grams of protein per cup, so it is a great grain for anyone who is vegan/vegetarian and looking for some extra protein
– It cooks in about 12 minutes, so it is way faster than cooking brown rice.
– You can eat it for any meal. Think of it as a substitute for either oatmeal, cereal or brown rice.
– Apparently it has a ton of fiber, magnesium and antioxidants, but let’s keep things simple 😉
I topped this off with parmesan cheese. Because everything is better with cheese! Egg + Cheese = Bliss.
I hope this inspires a quick and tasty meal for a weeknight. It was ready within about 15 minutes and so satisfying!
Any good quinoa ideas/recipes out there? I’d love to hear.