I have an awesome full body workout to share with you! My oh-so-slightly sore body today is proof that this workout definitely works. I did this at the gym yesterday and it was fun and effective. It took me about 45 minutes.
I just recently completed a 6 week program with a personal trainer at my gym. I signed up in order to gain some muscle, but mostly to learn how to weight train and get more comfortable navigating the weight room. I’ve always been a cardio person, but knew that weight training had significant health benefits. Plus, too much cardio can get boring so I wanted to switch it up 🙂
Mission accomplished. I put together this workout all by myself in hopes to continue on in the weight room without a trainer.
I kept the structure the same as how my personal training sessions were run. Three sets of three exercises, each repeated three times. We always did about 15 reps at a doable but slightly challenging weight. This is best for toning.
This is how this full body circuit works:
– Warm up for 5 minutes– elliptical, jog, walk, etc.
– Start with the yellow exercises
– Do each yellow exercise. So, first 15 reps of pushups, then 15 step ups, then 15 cable rows.
– Repeat the yellow exercises three times (so pushups, step ups, rows, pushups, step ups, row, pushups, step ups, rows)
– Move on and do the same thing for blue exercises and then green exercises.
– Stretch it out!!
I really hope that you enjoy this and let me know if you’d like me to continue to post workouts! Also, if you have any questions about how to do the exercises, please let me know. I’d be happy to explain!